Newsletter Week 8, Term 3, 2022
Newsletter Week 3, Term 3, 2022
Results of 2022 BOT Elections
Nominations for the triennial Renew School Board elections closed on Wednesday 3 August at 12pm. Nina Buchanan was our Returning Officer who ran the election process for the board.
Parent Election Results
At the close of nominations, as the number of valid nominations was equal to the number of vacancies required to be filled, I hereby declare the following duly elected:
- Arna-Lise Harris
- Abby Johnson
- Daniel van der Kaap.
Naomi Andersen will join the Board as our staff representative.
We want to take the time to acknowledge Chris McColl for 6 years of service to the board, and Nigel Griffiths for 3 years of service. We have appreciated the time, strengths, gifts, and talents that they have brought to the board and wish them well for the future.
We look forward to working with our community for the ongoing success of Renew School.
Newsletter, Week 1, Term 3, 2022
Dear parents, caregivers, students and staff, the theme I will be addressing with students during our weekly assemblies on a Monday (this term) is the third part of our motto, i.e. “Achieve Potential“. I reminded students this morning that God has told His people, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:11-13). With God’s help and our parental encouragement, they will achieve their potential!
Here are a few important points to be aware of as we start Term 3.
Secondary 3-Way Conferences will be on Monday 1 August. Bookings open at 3 pm today. Students and their parents are required to attend.
A Ministry of Education Accord Teacher Only Day is scheduled for Friday, 26 August. There will be no school for students on that day.
A Secondary Options Night is being planned for the Week of 22 August. More information to come.
Enviro School (ES)
- ES Wai Restoration Project: Wednesday 27th July – Renew School has been chosen to participate in a tour of Enviro Schools facilitators/teachers from Manawatu and the West Coast as well as TeTai Tokerau. Some of our students will be involved in the visit on Wednesday morning.
- The Predator Free Whangārei Overview Video Project. 2 August – Renew School is participating in this video project. Students from the Trapping Team will be participating in the filming.
- Environmental Leaders Fund: Renew School was awarded $502.50 from the NRC to continue our Enviro project of transforming our school into a greener environment.
- Middle School Project Based Learning Year 7-10 will continue with the Wai restoration planting natives in the school. They will be researching and designing different garden areas around the school in order to start creating gardens end of Term 3 and Term 4.
- Carbon Dioxide Monitoring of Renew Classrooms: Year 10 Science students will be investigating Carbon Dioxide levels to determine where ventilation units can be placed.
- Eco Solutions Wastewater Project: Year 5/6 students will be participating.
- Butterfly Garden: Year 2/3 made butterfly boxes last term. This term they will be creating the butterfly garden. Year 2/3 will also study the human body this term.
- Te Māra Kai The Food Garden: Year 1-3 continue to grow vegetables to share with the tamariki and whānau.
Primary Gymnastics starts this Wednesday and continues every Wednesday until Week 8.
There will be a Primary Concert in Week 9. More details to come.
The Whangarei Regional Primary Cross Country Event is scheduled for August 31st. There will be trials for students from years 4-8 who want to participate in weeks to come.
Some of our Year 9-10 students will attend the Torpedo7 Get2Go Challenge next week.
Raumanga Community Gardens: Every Tuesday afternoon a group of Year 7-10 students during Rākau will be continuing our support at the Raumanga Community gardens (behind Manaia View School). If the weather is wet, students will be creating sculptures and signs for the gardens in the Technology class with Daniel Watts, Technology Teacher from Manaia View School.
Please make every effort to ensure students attend school when they are healthy enough to do so. We believe God has exciting plans for our children but it requires of them to put in the hard work, with His help, to become world-changers. Regular, punctual attendance goes a long way towards making this happen!
Barend Blom – Principal
Newsletter, Week 10, Term 2, 2022
Newsletter, Week 3, Term 2, 2022
Newsletter 1, Term 2, 2022
Update: Week 9, Term 1, 2022
Update: Week 8, Term 1, 2022
Updated: Friday, 29 April 2022