Motto: Know God, Grow Character, Achieve Potential, Make a Difference
Wondering what it is like to work at a Christian School? Please watch the video below. Current vacancies are listed below the video.
29 November 2023
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing the start of Term 1, 2024 (25 January 2024).
Our staff are committed followers of Jesus who value teamwork, cultivate a strong family/whānau atmosphere in our school, and intentionally create an environment that develops student character.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly articulate what it means to teach secondary science and technology (i.e., strengths in Year 11-13 Physics and Physical Science, Year 7-10 Science and Technology) utilising the NCEA framework (up to Level 3) and ensuring their teaching of these subject areas are immersing students in a Biblical worldview.
As a school that aspires to excellence, we seek applications from teachers strong in their teaching and curriculum knowledge, digitally literate and strong in pastoral care, i.e., a person who is passionate about working with young people and enjoys inspiring others to strive for excellence. Teachers who consistently demonstrate exceptional leadership skills in a learning area may be considered for a head of department position in the future.
Applicants must be committed to Christian education and enhancing the special character of this school through their Christian faith.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please email the principal a cover letter that explains why you want to work at Renew School, your CV, and the name and contact details of
- your pastor/minister,
- a friend who can comment on your walk with God, and
- a professional referee (principal / senior leader).
The Education Gazette Ad is here: http://edgaz.nz/1HAe0E
Renew School is looking for a follower of Jesus who is self-motivated, and has proven skills for the role of teacher aide of a visually impaired student. The teacher aide is needed to support a Year 9 student who needs support to properly access teaching and learning at Renew School.
This part-time position will commence on Wednesday, 31 January 2024.
Hours of Work: 20 hours/week during school terms
Remuneration: As per the Support Staff in Schools Collective Agreement and available ORS funding
- The candidate will maintain a commitment to support the purpose and Special Character of Renew School
Functional relationships with:
- AP for Secondary
- Secondary SENCO
- Secondary Teachers
The teacher aide requirements and responsibilities:
- Sound Braille knowledge and experience with assistive technology is an advantage but not absolutely necessary, if not a willingness and dedication to learn these is required. (Translation of Braille to text and vice versa. Finding correct workbook pages etc.)
- Ability to think on your feet and make use of what is available to create impromptu class activities accessible.
- Skills to adapt and tailor routine class tasks to tactile and/or accessible formats.
- Show intuition in class to support the teacher.
- Excellent communication skills to engage within a team of wrap-around support (family, BLENNZ, school staff and any other organizations). Build good relationships and prepare for involvement with IEPs.
- Mentor and encourage growth with the advised daily adaptive skills.
- Encourage students and staff to be inclusive in all areas of activities including building on social skills.
- Support students’ overall well-being.
- Have an insightful perspective to create learning experiences during normal daily routines.
Closing date and time: Please submit your cover letter and CV (with the contact details of your pastor, a friend who can comment on your walk with God, and a present/former employer) to the principal, Barend Blom (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Tuesday, 5 December 2023.